Saturday, July 11, 2009

Reggaepop


The funny thing about reggaeton is that it's not afraid to sell out and get a little gay. Just check out the video above if you don't believe me. I guess this is what you would call Reggaepop. Alexis Jamsha (Nejo y Dalmata's producer) posted "trabajando en lo nuevo del putipuerko!! 100% sucieria!! fuck reaggepop!" as a facebook status this week. He put it english, so he must really hate it. Of course, given the weirdness, it's no surprise seeing De La Ghetto in there like a dirty shirt. He will do anything for a buck! In fact, here is another video with Geezy and a Mexican pop group.

It also looks bootleg, from the era of Sensacion del Bloque. Estilo Blanco watched it and thought it was just a mishmash of random clips, nope! It's just that budget.

While this is a really great feel-good romantic pop song, we would hate it if it were in english. It makes High School Musical look rugged. Luckily, it's in spanish and has been my song of the week.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that I have no problem with reggaepop. It makes me feel like a 15 year old girl in love and has cut my masturbation down to only twice a day as opposed to 4-5 when listening to regular reggaeton.

-Talento de Victoria

1 comment: